Wednesday, April 28, 2010

a crazy idea...

So, I've been inspired. I watched Julie & Julia recently with some friends and thought it was a great movie and just left it at that.

But, after becoming slightly obsessed with Jamie Oliver and reading about him and watching many tutorial videos on youtube, I had an idea. I'd love to cook my way through his cook books. And not just simply cook, but to thoroughly enjoy and immerse myself in the food. Plus, it'd be neat to document all of this and look back on it some day. I just love the way that Jamie really gets into the ingredients and food he prepares and I'd love to have that same relationship with food.

I'm not really sure which way I'd like to go with my major in Culinology. I know that I do have a passion for food and cooking and the pure love that can be shown through a recipe. But I'm not sure if I want to go the food science route and go into R&D... that just doesn't sound like something I'd be interested it. I'd rather go to Culinary school after I graduate and be able to really get my hands and heart into what I prepare instead of using test tubes and wearing a lab coat or something like that.

I don't know... and I'm sure that no one will probably even read this if I do decide to follow through with this idea. But, at least I can do this for my own personal enjoyment... and maybe I can figure out a few things about what my future may hold. We'll just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. I think that your idea is amazing. Please do it next year so I can help test the food! Jamie Oliver should be honored that you are cooking your food. As for your future, you will be wonderful at whatever you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! I definitely feel loved now :D

    ReplyDelete