Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Regional Championship Game

I can't believe it's been a week since I've last updated this. It's wonderful being home, but it has also made me slack off... I've only been on my laptop once since being home. I keep thinking "I should update about what's been going on" and then I manage to convince myself to push it off to the next day.

Well, here's the recap of what's been going on.

Thursday, I got in around 2 to Tyler and went straight to see Mom at Memaw's house. I then went to see Lin after school/before football practice and then went home after a quick stop at Brookshire's to pick up a few groceries (man, I missed that store!). Mom made pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and homemade bread! Nana had intended to come & eat with us, and then John, Naomi, & Hazel also ended up eating with us. They didn't intend to, but it wasn't hard to convince Naomi once she heard we were having fried okra!

Friday I went with mom to aunt Leah's and we visited for a while. We went back home and got ready to leave for Lin's football game. Grace played Northland Christian from Houston for the Regional Championship. It was in Buffalo, TX at their new stadium there. A bunch of our family came. It was a great time full of football, cheering, & laughter. I forgot how much I desperately missed high school football games! Grace ended up winning 28-21. It was such an awesome game. We were standing most of the time, ringing our cowbells, and being as loud as we could!
Naomi & Me after the game was over!

Me & my sweet Mama after the game

Me & My brother... can't believe he's taller than me now!

A bunch of pictures from after the big win!! We now have 3 trophies!
We celebrated with the team for a while after the game. The field was new, so Buffalo wouldn't let us go out on it like we usually would after a game. Coach Maddox was awesome, though, and led the team out to the bleachers where we could all crowd around them and pray and congratulate them. It was a wonderful night!

I slept in a little on Saturday and then went over to my sweet Nana's for biscuits & gravy she made me for breakfast (my absolute favorite!). We helped her hang some pictures & do little things around her house. We went back home & just messed around until around 1 when Lin got back from watching film up at the school. We unloaded a trailer full of branches from a tree they cut down, and then came back to the house to watch the State v. Arkansas game at 2:30. It was a sad loss, but it was still nice to be able to watch the game with my family. That night Lin & I went to Tyler with our cousins Abbi & Gray to get some ice cream & hang out a little. It was great seeing them. It's weird how we all grew up together, yet now we hardly see each other.
Some of our adventures in Barnes & Noble. I love how crazy we are together!


Sunday morning we went to church and it was awesome being able to go to a service at Grace again. I forget how much I love it there. And it's really nice now because John & Naomi have started attending church there with us. I basically spent the rest of the day with the family doing stuff around the house and just enjoying being home.

On Monday, I pretty much spent all day over at Naomi's. We visited during the morning and then went to town with Patti to get some ornaments & materials I needed for a project. Then when we got back to Naomi's house, we got working on my Toms. I've worn the pair Nana got me last year out and they were starting to get holes in the toes. I wanted to save them somehow & decided on covering them... let me tell you, it's much harder to do than it sounds! I think they're going to turn out awesome, though!
My recovered Toms project
Tuesday was the big Dallas trip. Nana had a catering job she did for a company and all we had to do was drop off the food to them around 11:00 am. Since we would already be in Dallas, we decided to do some shopping. Abbi got to come with us so that was wonderful! We started off eating breakfast at LaMadeleine's... it's basically a tradition for us it seems, but they have a wonderful breakfast there! We went to several stores and the Galleria. They had their Christmas tree up and we all got pictures. We then went to Matito's for lunch/dinner around 4 and it was delicious! Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had!


And today has just been full of cooking and trying to get ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow, along with me stitching on my Toms whenever I get a chance! My fingers are so sore!

Hopefully I'll update again soon about how Thanksgiving went! Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment